Never underestimate the power of a well-connected port. That’s where we excel: Few ports are more connected than the Port of Mobile. Manufacturers and industries around the world rely on us, and for good reason. Seamless global trade to and from North America starts here, thanks to our physical connections to rails, roads, rivers and runways. And because we’re conveniently situated along the Gulf Coast and employ an exceptionally helpful workforce, the import and export of goods always runs smoothly and efficiently here. You’ll be in and out in no time.
ANNUALLY IN ECONOMIC VALUE TO ALABAMA
The Port of Mobile’s capabilities make it an ideal gateway for all types of cargo, from coal and containers, to forest products and steel, to automobiles and aggregates. With deep water, modern equipment and multimodal connectivity, our port is one of the most efficient, versatile and accessible ports in the nation.
- Extensive inland waterway access via barge
- Access to nine railroads
- North/South and East/West interstate highway access
- On-dock, rail-service covered warehouses
- State-of-the-art RO/RO terminal, including a vehicle processing center
- 45-foot-deep water
- On- and near-dock cold storage facilities
- Heavy lift and project cargo capabilities
- Able to handle 13,000 TEU container ships
- Reliable transit times
It helps having the right connections. As the gateway to America’s rails, roads, rivers and runways.
The Port of Mobile offers direct access to:
- 5 Class 1 railroads – with easy reach to Mexico, Canada, and the Midwestern and Southeastern United States
- 4 short-line railroads including our port-owned and -operated terminal railroad
- One marine highway to Mexico
- I-10 and I-65 interstate highways
- Over 15,000 miles of inland and intracoastal waterways