The Port of Mobile’s capabilities and connectivity make it an ideal gateway for all types of cargo, from coal and containers, to forest products and steel, to automobiles and aggregates. The port is able to handle import and export cargoes of virtually any type and volume. With deep water, modern equipment, and multimodal connectivity, the port is one of the most efficient, productive, and accessible ports in the nation.
45-FOOT DEEP WATER
The Port of Mobile continues to make major investments to ensure the reliability of your supply chain. Our connectivity makes us unlike any other port in the United States. With the ability to handle diverse cargo types, we are ready to grow with you.
WE OFFER OUR CUSTOMERS:
The Port of Mobile’s capabilities make it an ideal gateway for all types of cargo, from coal and containers, to forest products and steel, to automobiles and aggregates. With deep water, modern equipment and multimodal connectivity, our port is one of the most efficient, versatile and accessible ports in the nation
- Extensive inland waterway access via barge
- Access to nine railroads
- North/South and East/West interstate highway access
- On-dock, rail-service covered warehouses
- State-of-the-art RO/RO terminal, including a vehicle processing center
- 45-foot-deep water
- On- and near-dock cold storage facilities
- Heavy lift and project cargo capabilities
- Able to handle 13,000 TEU container ships
- Reliable transit times